One of my all time favorite blogs is written by Michael Hyatt, Chairman of Thomas Nelson Publishers. His personal blog is chock full of down to earth and practical advise for just about anyone. Key topics include leadership, productivity, social media and a lot more. For today’s Thursday Quote I’ve decided to recommend a few random posts. I hope you enjoy them and add Michael to your reading list.
Tagged under “Leadership”:
- What if You Work for a Bad Leader? “About once a week I get an email from someone who wants to know how to work for a bad leader. Maybe their boss is a jerk. Maybe he is just incompetent. Regardless, they are not quite sure how to lead well in this kind of situation….” Click here to read more.
- The Benefits of Playing Full Out “I attend a lot of conferences and meetings. I have noticed that most people play it safe in these settings. They are reserved—arms crossed and skeptical—or simply distracted, hunched over their smartphone. Precious few take the plunge and play full out….” Click here to read more.
- Email Etiquette 101 “The use of e-mail in corporate culture is pervasive. I rarely get letters any more. Even phone calls are uncommon. But I get scores of e-mail messages every day. Yet, I am continually surprised at how people often misuse this medium….” Click here to read more.
- How to Take the Hassle Out of Fundraising “Through the years, I have raised money for all kinds of projects: private schools, mission trips, even adoptions. It has always been such a hassle to promote and administrate. Until now….” Click here to read more.
- The Beginner’s Guide to Twitter “This post is a 20-minute guide to Twitter for non-techies. (If you don’t know what Twitter is, you can start with my first post on the topic, Twitter-dee, Twitter-dum. If you still aren’t convinced, then read 12 Reasons to Start Twittering.)” Click here to read more.