Strategic Planning Scenario #3: Joe and Jane walk through the front doors of your church. Because they’ve not been in church in so long, certainly not as a couple and with kids, the first order of business is to figure out where they are supposed to go and what they are supposed to do. Do the kids stay with them in the service? Are they supposed to be dropped off somewhere? Where are they supposed to go first?
By now you know what questions we are asking ourselves. What are you feeling about this scenario? Are you confident Joe and Jane will have a positive experience?
Obviously, we can keep walking with Joe and Jane through your church service. Their experience will likely include:
- Sitting in your service before it begins.
- Experiencing worship in your service.
- Experiencing various elements like offering, announcements, and some creative element(s) in your service.
- Listening to a message by either yourself, another church leader, or a guest.
- Experiencing your church in the post-service environment – between the pew and the car.